Pompeii

Today we went to Pompeii for a tour. We all woke up early as we had set alarms and went down for a quick breakfast before heading to the train station. There is a machine where you press what you want (hot chocolate, coffee, tea) and we all had fun using that!

Once we were in Pompeii with our tickets we met our tour guide who took us on a private tour. She showed us around and told us some amazing facts. Did you know they used fresh urine for washing clothes instead of soap?! They all knew so much and I wonder how they found it out?

There was also an amazing view of Mount Vesuvius, the volcano. It was very close so you can see why Pompeii was completely buried in ash.

Afterwards we went for ice cream at a store we found. We all expected the best as we were in Italy but it was the worst ice cream we had had for our whole holiday! Zac’s choc-mint tasted the same as my peach and mango!!

When we came home we went to check out the pool outside our hotel. It wasn’t that big but it was warm and we had so much fun playing in it. Half way through a man floating on a pool toy got in so we had to not splash as much after that.

We all later enjoyed a dinner at their resturant and afterwards went to bed.

2 thoughts on “Pompeii

1. Hi Zoe..ive always wanted to see Mt Vesuvius and Pompeii. Also Herculaneum. Remember the exhibition we went to in Perth….the scary video of the lava flow. Where next ? Love you jojoxx

1. Next we are going to Lake Como and Rome. I am really excited to see the colosseum! I remember that exhibition! I didn’t like it that much. I also remember that you bought me this putty which I loved! 😊